Cathisrad - Frost Mage App

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Cathisrad

For ease of viewing, I've bolded the questions. <3

- First Name: Rebecca
- Country / time zone: Canada / EST
- Racial Ethnicity: White
- What is your battle tag?: Cathisrad#1791

- Current Character Name(if you're a server transfer, we prefer no ascii keys): Cathisrad
- Class: Mage
- Race: Troll
- Realm: Hyjal
- Armory Link (make sure your armory link is to an advanced profile): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /cathisrad

- Our official raiding times are 7:00 pm PST to 11:00 pm PST Tuesday through Thursday, can you consistently make a majority of our raids? (90%+) If not, why not?: I can make 100% of these.

- Do you foresee anything preventing you from dedicating 100% to our raids? Such as work, school, family or military commitments: Nothing at all. I plan my free time around my raid times, and I currently work / study from home.

- What is your /played on your character: 550 days
- How many legendaries do you currently have for your Main Spec? How many total?: 12 main (including the generic all-spec legendaries), 16 total
- Do you have a Sephuz? If so, can you provide a screenshot of your chatlog following you looting it?: I do have Sephuz. Unfortunately there weren't any ragey screenshots following it. This is like -100 points, right?

- How soon are you available to transfer?: Instantly.
**IF YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY HAVE THE INTENTION TO LEAVE YOUR CURRENT GUILD / HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT LEAVING/TRANSFERRING THEN DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME**

- Show us a picture of your UI (preferably in a raid, use imgur.com) make sure all keybinds are fully visible.: I don't have any super current raid screenshots. Here's an Orgrimmar training dummy. https://i.imgur.com/UJB8g6X.jpg

- Link to your WCL profile - find your character in the search bar on WCL (100% required, don't submit your application until you have logs): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /cathisrad

- Previous Guild/Raiding Experience & why you left your guild(s) (If it was not on the toon you are applying on, please provide armory links to the toon(s) it was on as well as the name and server of your character at that time.):

License and Registration - I was with this guild for 5 years. I left due to a general agreement from the majority of players to step down from raiding.

Addiction - I was with them for about a year. Due to a fallout with some of the officers, I left with my then-boyfriend.

Dethroned - Temporary guild hop while I was looking for another home.

Carebears - I trialed with them at the beginning of this expansion. Due to already joining with 3 other mages and having terrible RNG luck with legendaries, I wasn't ever brought in for a trial during progression due to the DPS differences that are present with current legendaries. They never saw any issues with me, but I had to move on.

Antisocial Club - I've been with ASC ever since. Unfortunately our raid leader stepped down for IRL reasons and the guild as a whole decided to take a break from raiding.

Before ASC stepped down from raiding 4 months ago, we got 5/9 M.

Legion
10/10 M NH Pre ToS
(Small break and hopped guilds during ToV)
7/7 M EN

Warlords
13/13 M HFC
10/10 M BRF
7/7 M HM

Every other expansion before these until BC were full mythic (heroic) cleared before the next raid was released. List to cutting edges: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ngth/raids

- What is the longest amount of time spent progressing on one boss? Tell us about it.: I'd have to say H Spine. Probably a solid month of progression? There were a few around this time frame but I remember this one being the most draining. It just sucked for a lot of guilds on all fronts. Bloods were annoying for tanks, the DPS check was real, and the healing was quite intense while still having to under-heal. We ended up killing it just after all the debuffs to the instance finished.

- What is and how well can you play your offspec?(every class has an offspec/alternate spec): Technically my current offspec is fire even though It's my favorite of the three. I feel I excel the most at this compared to all the other specs.
- Are you willing to respec if it were asked of you? Are you willing to respec to the optimal spec for a progression boss?: Always. Even if It's arcane. *sadface*
- Explain your stat priorities and rotation: Stat priorities - Crit to 33%, Haste, Vers, Int, Mastery, Crit.
Rotation - Hi the shiny buttons.
No but really, there isn't an exact rotation for frost, It's just priorities. Even the opener a lot of top mages will argue on. Mine is Ebonbolt > Flurry > Ice Lance > Frozen Orb > Frostbolt if the boss is far enough away, Ice Lance if not. After that, It's just hitting Ice lance whenever It's procced, Flurry > Ice Lance whenever Brain Freeze procs, Ebonbolt > Flurry Shatter > Ice Lance when you can, and Frozen Orb whenever It's available.
- Raid spots are earned and kept based on performance. Are you willing to compete for your spot?: No one should ever stop competing for their spot. This would never be an issue for me.

- Does your computer / internet suck?: Nope!

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 850 Watt
RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB
Motherboard - ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
CPU - Intel Core i7-5820K
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti
SSD - SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5 250GB SATA III

(Internet speed linked below)

- Do you have a SSD? Do you raid on a laptop?: I run WoW on an SSD. Some other softwares / games are on my HDD.
- Link the result of a speedtest.net result (select a Los Angeles server): https://i.gyazo.com/323374889cebd0ec0ca ... 731d0b.png

- Are you able to handle mature (or immature) content on TS3 and in guild chat?: Definitely. Only if you guys can handle me too. <3
- Do you have the capacity to clearly communicate, yet have the ability to recognize when it's appropriate to keep comments to yourself?: For sure. This balance is super important in a successful raid environment. Some things need to be communicated, but other times It's far more important for everyone to be quiet.
- How do you feel about sitting out for any given encounter should we not need you? It will happen.: It does happen. If It's for the betterment of the guild, I couldn't care less.

- What is your reason for applying? What makes us more appealing than any one of the thousands of other raiding guilds out there?: The progression, times, mage desire, I put a lot of factors into a guild when I consider applying. This is currently my top priority.

- Are you able to handle harsh criticism? You can, and will, be subjected to harsh criticism and you will be called out when you do not perform.: I hope this happens. It's easy to take these things to heart, but the entire point of criticism is for improvement. I much prefer it when someone tells me I'm doing something wrong / stupid than for them to be quiet about it.

- Do polar bears eat penguins?? Explain how you came to your answer: I'm not even going to lie, I googled this shit because I figured something was up, and polar bears are on opposite sides of the world than penguins :^). I've heard this somewhere before but completely forgot about it until now. Thanks

- In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, if you were able to go anywhere in the world to try to survive, where would you go and why?(*NOT* Optional): Okay this is actually really funny because this is an answer I tell people CONSTANTLY

Costco, doesn't really matter where. Probably northern Canada since literally no one lives up there. It's important to hit this up first with a gun since It'll probably be everyone's first target. Block off the entrances as best as you can and then take all the non-perishables to the top of their ridiculously high shelving. Even if people manage to get in, you'll have enough food to survive for a long time while also having the bonus of being high up and having vision of everywhere around you. Even if everything is taken by the time you're there, It's still sheltered building with high areas to hide.

- Are you willing to participate in Punch Burger if you ever attend a <Defenestrate> meetup such as Blizzcon?: I don't know what the fuck that is, but I go to Blizzcon every year. I'm down

- If anyone can vouch for you, please list them here: I don't believe I know anyone in the guild that would be able to. I have a bunch of officer / highly-rated friends that could though.

- Tell us a joke(OPTIONAL): Okay so I have a favorite joke that a lot of my friends know, and I went to tell them about it + this app and this happened in my Discord https://i.gyazo.com/da39c93badb1ac74e76 ... 4d0e38.png
Dadbot was either the greatest or worst idea I've ever had.

Anyway, why does a chicken coop have 2 doors?
Because if it had 4 doors, It'd be a chicken sedan. *slow clap*
Draw a picture of your character with MS Paint(OPTIONAL, but kudos points!): I tried https://imgur.com/a/zoG5e

holy shit I just realized I forgot the arms LOL

- Tell us a little bit about yourself IRL:
Hi! My name is Rebecca.

I recently left my 3+ year career as a customs broker to attempt working from home while furthering my education. So far, It's been the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. I'm planning on going back to school within the next few years to pursue one of the many interests I have... that I haven't even completely decided on yet. Heh.

I love traveling and gaming. I've attended Blizzcon for the the past 5 years and actually ended up on a trip to Germany to Gamescom a few months ago with a couple other World of Warcraft influencers. I absolutely love having both my main interests mesh into one.

I'm a friendly Canadian and quite easy to talk to. I'll always be around for a random chat whenever someone would like to have one :)

- Last words: Show us what sets you apart from the rest of the candidates; what makes you better? What can you bring to Defenestrate? Let us know why WE should want YOU. This is your last chance to impress us, be thorough. If there is anything that wasn’t covered in this application that you’d like us to know, tell us here. Do not answer this question with one sentence. Once again, the more complete the answer, the better.
Alright, here we go.

I'd first like to mention that this has probably been the most thorough / fun guild app I've ever written, so thank you for that.

I would like to take a moment (since I didn't see any other good place in the application to add this in) to let you know that I am very serious when it comes to raiding / playing WoW. I've taken a bit of a breather (4 months, which is why I'm only 5/9 M) after my guild stopped raiding since this expansion / ToS had been really rough, but I'm ready to step back in with my full potential. I understand that I may not be brought in at the forefront of progression as my IL is slightly lacking, but I just miss having a home. I miss raiding more than anything. What you'd get from me isn't some half-assed attempt at researching fights and keeping up with sims or class changes. This game has become a huge part of my life and I'm not the type to come in unprepared when there are 25+ other people relying on me.

I bring the ability to very rarely miss a raid, to well-receive constructive criticism, to ask questions, pre-research fights, to be as fully prepared as I can be to be as little hindrance to my fellow players /friends, and most importantly, have fun and enjoy the game.

I also take pride in being given the more specific jobs for a fight. For anything that requires a single person (soaking puddles on H Rag + firefighting in last phase, tanking the orbs on M Gul'dan, certain call-outs, duties, etc), I find I excel and focus more being given these responsibilities.

I would also like to mention here that I am a partnered streamer. If this happens to cause any issues in this application, please don't hesitate to let me know. I understand that every guild's stance is different on streaming. Otherwise, if there's any questions or concerns, I'm always down for a chat.

The easiest way to get a hold of me is through Discord - Cathisrad#9282. My battle tag is Cathisrad#1791, and my in-game name is Cathisrad-Mug'thol.

I want to find my long-term home full of like minded individuals. I really do hope you take the time to consider me.

I appreciate you reading my application. :)
Exterminatus

white discord smh
Cathisrad

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pmExterminatus wrote:
white discord smh
Dude I know. Everyone gives me shit for it.

Another -100 I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sours

Our discord conversations are against twitch ToS. DK if you would survive
Sours

https://twitter.com/Cathisrad/status/933495728994967553 also this. Don't think you would like it here. We don't black list words
Cathisrad

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 pmSours wrote:
https://twitter.com/Cathisrad/status/933495728994967553 also this. Don't think you would like it here. We don't black list words
I briefly talked with Newsh.

Honestly, I personally don't care about any words being used, I'm generally really chill about everything. The only reason that was an issue for me was because that would without a doubt get me banned on Twitch.

He mentioned you guys don't allow Discord being streamed, which I'm perfectly fine with. Sort of makes that point moot.
6 posts Page 1 of 1